5 Steps to solve debonding problem of wall tiles
Debonded and cracked walls are usual problems. When many people found peel-off paint surface, they tried to remove that and replace it only with new paint. Today, Weber is going to reveal cause of debonded paint from the wall.
- Poor skills of painters. Many of them have tried to decrease application steps to get faster job completion that leads to unstandardized construction.
- External environment, heat, humidity and changing weather that cause the wall heat and humid until shrinkage and expansion effects can lead to cracks on walls.
- Using improper materials. Walls have to be exposed to changing weather all time, so using a heavy-duty flexible product with excellent adhesion.
To solve debonding problem of wall tiles is possible with weber.baseskim coat, a high performance smooth finishing with excellent adhesion, shrinkage and erosion resistant product.
Common issues and queries you can face
Repairing method and prevention of debonding
So, Weber under Gecko trademark would like to suggest repairing method and prevention of debonding problem of wall tiles with easy 8-steps with weber.tile flex, a high-quality and flexible tile adhesive, and weber.color outside, a flexible tile grout ideal.
- Substrate preparation - Take up the old dedonding and cracked tiles with a chisel. Check if substrate is smooth, solid and level.
- Tile preparation - Clean the tiles until free from dirts, cement and stain. Do not make them wet or humid.
- Select weber.tile flex, a high-quality tile adhesive, which is flexible, strong bonding and resistant to all weather conditions.
- Laying tiles with weber.tile flex, spread vertically consistent amount of adhesive onto wall. Then, have adhesive buttered thoroughly at the back of every tile before tiling on walls.
- Grout joint lines with weber.color outside, a flexible tile grout ideal - wait tile adhesive to fully dry.
- It is recommended to leave a 3-12 mm gap between floor tiles.
- It is recommended to leave a 5-6 mm gap between movement joints for every 60 sqm and further fill up the joints with silicone sealants.
- At tile elbow, pole corner or jointing area between of different types of surfaces, it is recommended to leave a 5-6 mm gap between joints and further fill up the joints with special silicone sealants.
Problem of wall tiles is something related to our life. You should take it into account, select good construction materials to avoid problems that may arise in the future.